Links to safety information........ALWAYS
BOOK written by Journalist/Accident Survivor, Safety Advocate,
Motivational Speaker and Writer,
Kimberly Arms Shirk!!
Get it in paperback or Kindle at Amazon. [click
to go there now.]
Interesting book for old and new news
Go to http://www.beaconseek.com to
order your copy.
- Basic Overview of the role of
- Elements in covering events.
- Analog Theory.
- The TV Picture.
- Terrestrial Microwave Links.
- Fresnel zones.
- Digital modulation in ENG microwave.
- Transmission and reception chains.
- Trucks and masts.
- Setting up a link.
- Mid points.
- Other microwave links and
- Radio cameras.
- Optical links.
- Satellites and orbits.
- Basic Sat Comm Theory.
- Basic digital SNG system.
- Digital Compression.
- Video Compression.
- MPEG picture problems.
- Audio Compression.
- Digital Modulation in SNG.
- DSNG processing equipment.
- SNG Antennas.
- Link Budgets.
- DSNG uplink types.
- Typical flyaway construction.
- SNG Vehicles.
- SNG Operations - locating the
- Co-ordination and line up
- Inmarsat and the use of Videophones.
- Video-conferencing and videophones.
- Store and Forward.
- Inmarsat satphone operation.
- Satellite regulatory issues.
- National control and trans-border
- Satellite operators.
- The use of satellite capacity.
- Types of capacity.
- Operating an SNG uplink.
- Dealing with Hazards of Microwave
- Electrical Hazards.
- Operating ENG pneumatic masts.
- Manual Handling.
- Driving of Vehicles.
- Operating in hostile environments.
- Getting into the war zone.
- On the Horizon.
- Glossary of terms.
"The Workplace Safety
Store" Workplace Health & Safety
OSHA - DOT Health,
Safety & Regulatory Compliance
Training & Education -
Books, Manuals, Kits,
Safety Equipment, Videos, Software and
Safety Manual from IBEW Local 45
(The ENG Safety website that got you here)
(a whole bunch of good stuff about electric utility safety...good
(Mast and mast safety device manufacturers)
Videotapes and links
(Get them, make up short tests for them, cycle them
and Live", Dave Wertheimer's great tape that EVERY station news
employee should see BEFORE going out in the field.
It's on YouTube. [click]
A station has a mast-up drive-a-way and the station across town covers
it. Great shots of the terrible accident.
It's also on YouTube. [click]
is a video put together by the folks at Pacific Gas &
Jennifer Cavazos, reporter in
6-8-04 KBTX tragedy in which Matt Moore was killed,
speaks out in a meeting shortly after the accident with Austin Power
--Please request this by emailing us
is Good News" by the Salt River
23 minutes. FREE! [email
us...SRP seems to have let this fall by the wayside. With sufficient
demand ENGsafety.com will request it from them.]
voltage line accident videos are available on YouTube that show the
of high voltage line proximity and contact.
here to go to this YouTube category]
ENG Safety Newsletter